January 3, 2011

Nabha State- 19 th Century - Overprinted Postal Card - Victoria

Type - British Commonwealth - Indian Princely States - Postal History ( Stationery ) - Philately

Post Mark Year - 1891

Note : Although Post Cards were introduced in India in 1879  the card still bears EAST INDIA and the Coat of Arms ( two lions ) of the East India Company whose Rule had ended in 1858 after the The First War of Independence - Mutiny .

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/52595/an-indian-now-owns-east.html

The Postal Cancellation  ( inverted ) is , also , that of Nabha State

1 comment:

G Andes said...

Greetings! I recently found a small collection [maybe 100] of postal history items from India in a larger lot that I acquired. Since I know next to nothing about Indian philately, I have been reading online, trying to learn. Your post, which I realize is from 2011, shows a postal card with a Nabha State overprint, similar to one that I have. A second one that I have is overprinted with "Nabha State" in a circular style; the entire overprint [words and coat of arms] is in blue. If you are interested in educating me a little bit, I would love to find out what you know about these items. Thank you for taking time to read this.